Friday, April 17, 2015

Fairly Slow times but not so slow you do zero days or anything like that
















































I was suddenly and inexplicably possessed by the power to not care even 1% about anything but having fun trying to make fun of one of these Chinese's girls' smiles. You'll not know which one without noting her clothing, but something about the smile and the situation made good sense. 
   There's a certain kind of young Chinese girl customer that always means a really good chance of getting a reject. So then I guess that could partially explik the power that came over me, but anyway, the girls all ended up really enjoying the caricature and we all took a photo together, but there was a brief moment where the slightest hiccup could have derailed everything when one of the girls pointed to a noncrazy demo on the wall and says that this is what they wanted, and I was able, without stammering or hiccuping to say, that that girl is somebody else, and this is her. And that was it. They all had a great time. And for you, my doubtful reader, when the girl smiles she looks a lot more like my caricature, but there's something about the logic in pointing to a demo and saying 'I want to look like that', or 'she wants to look like that' where I can feel confident that she doesn't think about likeness at all in the way most of us think about likeness, and my wanting to satisfy this customer, in that moment, felt neither easy nor hard, but hilarious.

































Dave Patel is here now. What a face. This is the first of hopefully a million drawings I will do.








 Min Jeong























 New girl













 A different new girl



















 Fun brother and sister from Hong Kong











 Koreans





































No comments: